Monday, October 24, 2005

sixth celebrity crush

Whitley Strieber, the author. he has written the most important book in my life: Communion. when i was going through my alien abductions/dreams, i thought i was crazy. i had never heard of alien encounters, though i saw Close Encounters and ET. well, they were nothing like my experiences. Communion opened my eyes and made me feel that my experiences were not unique and someone shared them. the funny thing is, i have never read his horror novels. i have read all his 'alien' books and The Coming Global Superstorm and, i've seen The Day After Tomorrow, of course, but never his horror. my husband has read his vampire novels and enjoyed them tremendously. someday, i will read his novels. plus, he has my favourite website www.unknowncountry.com, and my favourite internet radio program, Dreamland. if you like strange news and weird happenings, go there. his Dreamalnd shows are free and he has a good selection of books to choose from.
another reason why i had such a crush on him for awhile was because he reminded me of my old boyfriend. he kind of looked like him and spoke like him and was a little odd, like him, but my boyfriend did not buy the alien crap. he just thought i was nuts. and so i AM!

No comments: