Thursday, October 27, 2005

jury duty

well, i got called for jury duty but i managed to get myself out of it with some crying and a note from my psychiatrist. i pleaded illness, which is the truth. i would be dead within 3 days. i also pointed out that my husband was IN PRISON and don't you think i might not want to convict anybody if i thought they might be placed in the same bloc as my husband? it's a small state and everybody knows everybody else. sheesh. then i thought i passed up a chance for some really good blog posts. truthfully, i would rather go to work and i would rather be able to sleep at night. besides, i cannot often make the smallest of decisions without tremendous stress.
now to change the subject: i dreamed of another coworker last night, the secretary. i dreamed she came to spend the night in my old, childhood home. i don't know why. she was just there.

No comments: