Sunday, October 16, 2005

seven things that scare me

i promised i'd write some "seven things", so here goes the first list:
Seven Things That Scare Me
  1. aliens. especially the kind called the Greys/Grays. the ones that look like emaciated insects, with big black almond shaped eyes. the ones that appear in my bedroom at night to fuck with my head, soul and body. yeah, THEM. you seen them, too?
  2. snakes. they don't have to big, they don't have to be poisonous. they just have to be snakes.
  3. the ocean and any deep body of water. this has been a problem since i have lived in the Ocean State and thus feared the Atlantic and i have lived in Hawaii and thus feared the Pacific.
  4. Mad Cow Disease. have you ever seen a mad cow? they're pretty scary.
  5. flying. in a plane. when i was a young girl, i wanted to be an airline pilot. i loved flying to and from Hawaii. then, in '84, i had a panic attack on a flight to France and i have been shakey about flying ever since.
  6. never seeing my pets again. no afterlife, no "heaven" where we can be reunited with loved ones. if there is a heaven and my pets aren't there, i don't wanna go. but, i believe in St Francis and i believe that everything God creates finds it's way back to God. i hope.
  7. this is the BIG fear...losing my son, my husband or my sister. i can't even contemplate that. i won't contemplate it, either.

so, what are the seven things that scare YOU?

No comments: