Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mabon

the autumnal equinox, or Mabon, occured at 12:03am September 23. it is a time of rest but also a time that brings depression because the dark is now overtaking the light. personally, i love autumn. is is my favorite season.
Maniac Mike got a two-nighter today because he fell asleep during count. his Nascar friend Duby called to tell me. he said MM did not want me to worry because he couldn't call me in the morning and he didn't want me to show up for a visit tomorrow and be sent home. so, Mabon has not been all that good to MM. the trazadone has been upped to 300 and puts him to sleep but he still wakes up at 3 or 4 in the morning and can't get back to sleep. his problem has never been falling asleep, it has been staying asleep. so, he is tired all day long. a two-nighter means he can have no calls or visits for 48 hours. i know he is probably pissed at himself right now, especially since we will miss a visit but i asked Duby to tell him not to worry and not to be upset and to rest.
i'm a little depressed myself today as i usually am when i have no work or no visit. it's so weird. i hate having to go to work sometimes...like monday, tuesday, wedn......BUT when i don't go to work, i feel like i have not accomplished a thing. i did manage to read a book today which i will post about next. ho hum.
now i won't be able to talk to MM which will just make me more anxious. the only things that can calm me down are tranquilizers and my husband. Queequeg used to be able to do that, too.

No comments: