Friday, February 24, 2006

Quiet Please!


if you have never read Aimee Bender's The Girl in the Flammable Skirt, give it a whirl. there is one story, her first, i think, about a nympho librarian entitled Quiet Please. she has two new collections of short stories out. i am in the Clan queue as we speak.
also, i just found out that my nephew has kidney stones. i'll take gallstones over kidney stones any day! my psychiatrist told me about his kidney stone problem....basically, he said he was attending a doctor's conference and he was in his hotel room when he passed out from pain. scared the crap (and, apparently, a kidney stone) right out of him. he is a totally unflappable guy, too. my nephew has a 2mm sized stone left to pass and we have all been telling him horror stories. he is terrified of doctors and hospitals as it is, so we are not being really helpful. whatever happens, i hope it is soon and quick.
how do i know my doc is unflappable? when i told him i thought i was being visited by aliens, he didn't even blink. he just gave me stronger meds! yay! meds! (okay, the meds aren't JUST for the alien problem...but they sure do work well as a deterrant.)

No comments: