Friday, November 25, 2005

weeping Mary

this is a photo of a statue of Our Blessed Mother which has wept red tears. the statue is on the grounds of a Vietnamese Catholic church in Sacramento, California.
i have always been fascinated with Marian Apparitions and weeping statues and stigmata and all that Catholic mysticism. personally, i am devoted to the Virgin as she has helped me all my life and it was because of Her help i got through a really rough childhood. having said that, i am not the religious type though i am fascinated by Religions. i am a Catholic, but not a very good one. i hardly ever attend mass and i observe meatless fridays most of the time (i usually forget) and i pray for the saints to intercede for me and i do pray the Rosary but that's about it. my faith goes deeper than these trappings. my very basic belief is that there is a God (or Creator or One Being) and we are all under His/Her care and hopefully, we will all return to the One when our lives here are done. simple. i also believe in a purgatory where are souls go after death to be purged. i believe we are shown our lives, our goodness and wickedness, which helps us to better understand our souls. maybe some of us reincarnate, i don't know. MY goal is to NOT ever come back here and to be at one with God, oh, and to see all my lovely "pets" again. actually, that is a BIG one...i won't rest in heaven if my pets aren't there.

1 comment:

Bananaman said...

Hi Ms Death. Interesting & well written blog. One man's purgatory is another woman's poison. It would be just my luck that I'll have to put up with, say, Mel Gibson or Brad Pitt for a 1000 years, in a 8' x 8' cell, just the two of us, rather than Angelina Jolie. It would actually be worth converting to Catholicism if I could hang out with the Ms Jolie in a cell for a few days, never mind a 1000 years. Keep up the good work.